Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Charity Concert with Bono

After a romantic dinner with my wife Ashley, I decided to go for a walk alone in our neighborhood which resembled the neighborhood my Aunt Merrily and Uncle Jim who live in Salt Lake City, Utah.

All of the sudden I was being chased by a customized Japanese import car, the kind you would find Vin Deisel or Paul Walker driving in the 2001 hit movie (in some circles) "Fast and the Furious". I ran through the Salt Lake City neighborhood and eventually after out running the fast and furious drivers in their car, I found myself taking refuge in a charity concert held by a local radio station.

The Place was set up in an old brick warehouse converted into a night club of some sort, a bar, a stage, and a dance floor. I stood at the back, only to find myself standing beside that nights guest star Paul David Hewson, more commonly known as "Bono". I took the opportunity to strike a conversation with him.

Just as a side note, most people are picturing Bono right now, wearing dark sunglasses, all black with a black jacket. Not the case at this charity function, he was wearing blue bell bottom jeans, a light T-shirt and a jean jacket, and to top him off a straw cowboy hat, one you would find at the Calgary Stampede.

Bono offered me good advice on relationships as we walked outside, through my elementary school yard and into a mall. After giving me a "One.org" lanyard for me and Ashley, he started to walk faster and faster. I couldn't keep up with him..........

Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment