Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Dream Of Awesome!


My cousin Andrew and his wife Ashley sent me a book titled The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha. I've been reading a few pages everyday. Each page or so is an random small event that's awesome. For example, today's awesomeness I read was about how silence can be golden and customizing a fast food order. Other awesome things written of are being in the front of a long line-up or the moment you see your waiter bring you your food.

Last night in my dream I was reading from The Book of Awesome and found a secret photo section I never noticed in the book. I saw photo's of the author with my old friends from my school boy days, but there was this conspiracy vibe to the discovery. How did Neil Pasricha know all my old friends? Why did I never notice this photo section before? Is this a message for me?

The next thing I knew I was at a birthday party with faceless friends and elementary and junior high classmates that I didn't know super well then. Vitto was there (in real life I don't know that he knows this: during a snow ball fight with Russel in grade 8 he landed on my arm and broke it), so was Yanni and Chris Duncan. Vitto gave me gift certificates for a cell phone and $100.00 air time. I tried to thank him but he would't look at me walked out of the party.

Yanni gave me children's toys and said he'd go talk to Vitto, he left not to return.

Chris Duncan? Well, he just had a thin scraggly mustache one might see in a police sketch.

My faceless friends started talking religion, so I started reading from The Book of Awesome again to avoid the conversation. But the page I was reading was my friends very conversation.

To escape I went to a dam and jumped into the river and floated down for years. At its end I got on to shore and was welcomed by faceless family and friends to this forest community (like the Ewoks live in) surrounded by fields. Everyone kept saying how awesome this place was, how awesome they felt, everything was just awesome!

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment