Friday, June 10, 2011

Prosecuting Saddam Hussein

I woke up remembering an awesome dream and was happy that Faith and Myrtle were still asleep so I could blog about it. But as I got out of bed Myrtle woke, so while spending time with her I kept on trying to repeat the dream before it evaporated. Then Faith got up and said "I had the weirdest dream..." by the time she was done telling hers I forgot mine. Arhg!

But that got me thinking, there are two dreams I had years ago I still remember vividly as if it was lived today. One was a reoccurring dream for years I had in the early 2000's soon after the United States invaded Iraq.

I'm in a court room wearing a three piece suit prosecuting Saddam Hussein.  Saddam is sitting defense box by the judge, bearded and looking defeated as hears me ask "Wasn't it you who gassed your own people?!" "Where are the WMD's?!" and "What do you have to say for yourself?" These are the only things I would say and it was repeated over and over for effect. I said with all the disgust self righteousness I could muster,  acting as if the world was watching or I was a character in a John Grisham novel.

Saddam never answered, just sat there disheveled and beaten.

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment