Thursday, August 25, 2011

Liv Tyler and That Guy That Looks Like Joaquin Phoenix But Isn't

Most of us have Facebook friends that when they were added to your list of friends you thought "Oh good they accepted my request." or "How nice, s/he added me." Life moves ahead, you move away, marry and have a child. Whaddya know, so and so also moved on with life, marrying and having a child too. You comment on their life and they you. Before you know it you are better Facebook friends then you ever were real life friends.

Nothing weird about that, right? Right. But should you mention to them that you on Facebook that "you were in my dream last night" I'm betting things might get awkward. "Huh?" says friend out loud. Her husband says "What's with that weird look you on your face?" "This guy I barely knew from years ago told me 'you were in my dream last night'." Long pause, then he says "Wait until I find that creep!"

See how easily that can lead to unnecessary violence? Faith said to  change her name as somethings are best kept to ourselves. The dream isn't scandalous, but hearing "You were in my dreams" can be odd.

The dream....

In my dream "Katherine" shared a link on Facebook that I saw on my newsfeed about movie she liked. So I took her recommend, went to the theatre and watched it. I can see the movie poster in my head, with a white background standing the in center is Liv Tyler and a guy who looks like Joaquin Phoenix (but isn't Joaquin Phoenix). Their bodies are facing each other but their faces are looking straight ahead. No movie title.

I sit down and watch the movie. It's about the couple out of luck who sells the husbands childhood sports cards so they can afford to buy a house. The only problem it's only enough money to buy a house in Alberta. They move their with their black son, Jeffery.

Jeffery is having a rough time at school because everyone wants him to play basketball, thinking he'll be amazing since he's black. His parents have a serious heart to heart with him to understand why he won't join the team.

After a long pause he looks at Liv Tyler's character and says deep intense reflection "Basketball teams are like a boy bands without any singing."


Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment