Sunday, August 28, 2011

Outkast, Cousins and Ice Cream

I walk in a large super market, I start walking around and soon I bump into my cousin Nathan. He's wearing a grocer smock and tells me he can get me ice cream from anywhere in the store and we can catch up at the grocery store's cafe.

I'm at the cafe sitting down at a table, my cousin Andrew is there too, but I don't see his face the whole dream. On both sides of the table there are posters of the rap duo Oukast. Nathan comes over with a chocolate ice cream cone. I start talking about how Andre 3000 and Big Boi are an amazing rap dou - together as Outkast, but apart their music is forgettable.

Then it comes to me like a stroke of genius, "Ice cream flavors are like Outkast, they need to come together! Nathan, go get me Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey, now! Before my ice cream melts!"

Nathan runs and quickly returns and I put my remaining chocolate ice cream in a bowl with the Chunky Monkey. Everything is really clear to me, I can hear the buzzing of the florescent tubes lighting the Outkast poster, my cousins are hanging on every word as I pontificate on how chocolate and banana are a marriage in ones mouth. I'm in the zone, life makes sense.

Then in real life my alarm goes off.

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment